Massage therapy is one of the oldest natural healing therapies dating back nearly 4000 years. It is a form of non-invasive healing and is comprised of the assessment and manipulation of the soft tissue and joints of the body. It is an effective approach to achieve balance and health, it allows for higher level of recovery after injury or activity.
Benefits of massage therapy
- reduce acute and chronic pain, stiffness and swelling
- improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- promote healing process for strained muscle and sprained ligaments
- increase circulation and immune system function
- reduce mental stress and anxiety, induces relaxation
- increase muscle flexibility, increases joint range of motion and function and decreased stiffness
- improve posture by changing tension patterns that affect posture
- enhanced athletic performance
- fosters peace of mind, increase awareness of mind-body connection as well as contribute to overall well-being
Type of Massage Therapy provided
Different types of massage therapy are offered in our clinic which include therapeutic, relaxation, manual lymph drainage, sports, myofascial release, trigger point massage, reflexology and for pregnancy. The massage therapist will use a combination of these techniques depending on what is best suited to each patient and their injuries.
Our massage therapists treat a variety of ailments including headache, sore and tight muscles, back and neck pain, sciatica, TMJ (Jaw pain), osteoarthritis, muscle tension due to stress, repetitive injury and whiplash injury etc.
Pleases call our office today to book your massage session with one of our registered, licensed and experienced massage therapists.