Why Post-Op Rehabilitation?
Recovering from orthopaedic surgery is an ongoing process. How fast you recover depends on the type of surgery you had, your commitment to working closely with your physical therapist, and moving right and exercising correctly.
Surgeries requiring post-op rehabilitation:
In our clinic, we will help our patients rehabilitate and recover from various orthopaedic surgeries. Listed below are a few:
- Total knee replacement
- Knee surgeries, i.e.: ACL reconstruction, meniscectomy.
- Patellar reconstruction
- Hip replacement and hip arthroscopy
- Shoulder surgeries, i.e.: rotator cuff repair, sub-acromial decompression, instability repair, and labral/SLAP repair
- Spinal surgeries, i.e.: discectomy, laminectomy.
- Wrist surgeries, i.e.: carpal tunnel release
- Elbow fracture
- Wrist fracture
- Hand/finger tendon repair and/or fracture
- Ankle fracture and reconstruction
- Achilles tendon tear and repair
Our goal is to assist you in fulfilling your objectives for recovery, and to help you return to your pre-injury level of work, sport, and recreational activities. Your post-op rehabilitation plans always follow the rehabilitation instructions as outlined by your surgeon. They are designed to relieve pain, inflammation, and promote healing and early return of function. Your physical therapist will guide you through a personalized rehabilitation program tailored to your type of surgery. We will work closely with your surgeon and /or your family doctor to ensure that your rehabilitation program would reach the maximum potential of recovery.
Please call our clinic for your appointment at (403) 272-9628. We offer direct billing services for WCB, auto insurances and most of the extended health plans.